Saturday 16 December 2017

Painting the Arms and Legs in Oils

So now I'm back on the flesh tones for the arms and legs.  The arms and legs are usually a bit darker and tanned compared to the face.  I'm still using my base colours - Scarlet Lake, Lemon, Pthalo Green and adding Ultramarine Blue for shadows.  I have made the shadows on the arm more orange on the highlights, especially against the red shirt.  Kacey here is the closest figure to the viewer and so requires a bit more detail than the other kids.  With the highlight colour (a very light creamy orange - not white) I have dabbed randomly through the orange shadow with a fine brush to suggest hair and texture).  His legs are pushed back behind his shorts, so I have feathered them off into the surrounding background by using various tones of purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment